Since 2016, Tajikistan visa applicants can apply for electronic visas as long as they have at hand any functioning electal assistance when filing a Tajikistan visa application.ronic device with Internet access. The system enables people to go through the whole visa application process without the necessity of going to an embassy or any other Tajikistan diplomatic post. When the application for a Tajikistan evisa is positively processed, a PDF file with the required entry permit will be sent to the applicant’s email address.
Submit your visa application online and obtain your Tajikistan evisa within no later than 3 business days for 69, 99, or 129 Euro (prices differ according to particular visa types). Forget about time-consuming paperwork. You don’t need more than 15 minutes to fill out our application form. You can do it from whatever place and whenever you want!
Keep on reading to get familiar with all Tajikistan visa types, visa requirements, their differences, prices, and decide which one is the best for you depending on your travel purpose!
How many types of Tajikistan visas are there?
There are several visa types for Tajikistan. The type of visa that you should apply for depends on your nationality, travel purpose, the duration of stay in the country, etc.
Below, you can find various Tajikistan visa types, as well as a separate subsection containing detailed information on electronic visa types.
TAJIKISTAN VISA TYPES
A Tajikistan visa is required to visit the country for a variety of reasons. Below, you can find the most frequent visa types that can be issued depending on your needs.
- Tourist visa – issued to foreign travelers for simply tourism or leisure purposes. Most nations can apply for an online Tajikistan tourist visa; no invitation is required.
- Business visa – issued to foreign travelers who intend to conduct business, e.g., attend meetings, international conferences, negotiate contracts, etc. It is obligatory to receive an invitation letter from the Tajik hosting company. Similarly, like a tourist visa, a business one can be obtained online. A holder of a business visa isn’t allowed to work in a Tajik company.
- Private visa – issued to foreign citizens who are going to visit relatives or friends residing in Tajikistan and applicants traveling for medical treatment or other short-term purposes.
- Investment visa – issued to the company representatives or directors making a major investment in Tajikistan; the investment visa can also be granted to the main applicant’s family members.
- Work visa – issued to foreigners employed in a company based in Tajikistan; the work visa can also be granted to the main applicant’s family members.
- Study/academic visa – issued to international students coming to Tajikistan for study purposes as post-graduate students, Ph.D. students. The study/academic visa can also be granted to the main applicant’s family members.
Types of Tajikistan e-Visas
Travelers who wish to apply for Tajikistan e-visa have two options to choose from. Moreover, each of these options can be upgraded. No matter which type you decide to choose, your passport must be valid for no less than half a year beyond the date of your planned arrival in Tajikistan.
Tajikistan standard e-Visa types:
- single-entry permit – 69 EUR
- multiple-entry permit – 99 EUR
Both the abovementioned visa types are issued for 90 days, and their holders are allowed to stay in Tajikistan for up to 60 consecutive days.
Single-entry e-visa and multiple-entry one can be upgraded to a permit to enter the GBAO region. The Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region forms 45% of the whole country’s territory, inhabited only by 3% of the whole Tajik population. The extended visa option doesn’t include permission to visit Lake Sarez, which requires a separate additional permit.
The prices for upgraded versions of Tajikistan online visas are as follows:
- single-entry permit + GBAO permit – 99 EUR
- multiple-entry permit + GBAO permit- 129 EUR
Countries that may use the Tajikistan e-Visa system:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- Macedonia (North)
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
E-VISA HOLDERS CAN:
- visit their relatives and friends living in Tajikistan
- go on holiday
- explore the country
- visit their Tajik partner company
- negotiate contracts
- seek future potential business opportunities
- treat Tajikistan as a transit stop and explore it before heading to their final destination
For any other travel purpose not listed above, an embassy visa for Tajikistan is required. It cannot be obtained online, and appearance in the Tajik embassy in person is obligatory.
Tajikistan visa on arrival
If you are eligible for an e-visa, we highly recommend you applying for a Tajikistan visa before your arrival. Don’t waste your vacation time standing in a long line at the airport trying to obtain your Tajikistan visa there. Instead, relax and start your Tajikistan adventure.
Nevertheless, we present a list of countries that can receive a visa for Tajikistan upon their arrival at Dushanbe Airport.
- EU and EFTA Member States
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United States
- United Arab Emirates
Citizens of the abovementioned countries can obtain a visa on arrival at the airport in Tajikistan’s capital, Dushanbe. The validity of such a visa is much shorter than an electronic visa – up to 45 days. What is more, if you have planned to visit GBAO, you cannot receive a permit upon your airport arrival to enter this eastern Tajikistan region.
It’s more advisable to apply for a Tajikistan visa online and obtain it before your intended arrival to avoid any unexpected problems at the airport.
Can you extend a Tajikistan visa?
The Tajikistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs can extend a tourist visa to Tajikistan only in exceptional circumstances, i.e., force majeure like a natural disaster, military situations, etc.
Holders of other Tajiki visa types than a tourist one willing to extend their visas have to submit their request to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tajikistan. Moreover, it is required that their current visa cannot be invalid when they are applying for its extension. They will also need to provide some relevant documentation to justify their extension request.
Benefits of using an e-Visa to travel to Tajikistan
- professional assistance throughout the whole visa application process
- single or multiple entries to Tajikistan
- a stay of up to 60 days
- the possibility to visit and explore Tajikistan for leisure or business purposes
- a 72-hour average processing time
- only a 3-stage online application
- electronic visa for Tajikistan valid for 90 days (e-Bussiness and e-Tourist visa)
- our support team checking all submitted applications twice to eliminate any possible errors before submitting them to the Tajik government for approval
- simple visa requirements
e-Visa support team
All applicants who wish to apply online without visiting the Embassy of Tajikistan can use our support team ready to provide professional assistance when filing a Tajikistan visa application.
Our expert team is ready and willing to help all applicants who decide to apply online. We encourage you to contact us via mail or phone to help you resolve any problems, allay your doubts or answer all the questions that may arise at every stage of the application process. Don’t hesitate to call us or send us an e-mail!
We will advise you on what type of visa to Tajikistan should you choose to best suit your travel needs!